About Me

My photo
I'm a senior at UW-Whitewater studying Interpersonal Communication and Health Promotion. This summer I'm working at Adventure Outpost at Fort Wilderness! I love to be silly, have random fun, play games, read, talk, and exercise! I have been very blessed by the Lord and seek to live my life for Him each day! I'm hoping all will be encouraged and blessed by reading what the Lord is doing in the lives at Fort Wilderness! Psalm 78:1-7

Monday, May 30, 2011

First Post!

Ah how exciting!  My first post from Rhinelander!  We just finished up orientation earlier today and we are now in town doing laundry for the camp.  Our weekend was fantastic!  It was really great to meet all of the volunteers and staff that will be working with the Fort over the summer.  It's awesome to see how the Lord brings so many people together and to see all the hands that go into making things happen.  There are many people investing in this place this summer and I'm excited to see how the Lord uses it!

I've gotten to connect with the people I'll be working along side really well!  I love diving in with all the different staff, whether they'll be at AO, LAB, or Main Camp.  It's so interesting to hear where they're all from, what brought them here, and just to see all the different talents and personalities.  Fort has really had an incredible impact on many lives and it's a privilege to be able to also be a part of that!

The Lord's really been challenging me already in coming up here!  The day before I left, I completely lost my voice!  As you all know...this is a HUGE challenge for me!!! =)  It was good to sit down and see how the Lord was challenging me in the ways I use communication and pushing me out of my comfort zone.  Usually, I jump right in to chatting away and am able to feel connected with people right away through that.  It was very different to be in a place where communication was tough for me.  Not only was it physically annoying to talk, but it was a challenge when I just didn't feel like myself.  The Lord showed me ways I need to step out of my comfort zone and use my communication in different ways which has been good.

He's also continuing to work on my heart on many characteristics and truths in me.  He has continued to chisel out lies I believe or struggles that have been a barrier for me.  He has been very faithful to intentionally yet gently point out things in me that are not of Him and give me healing and truth where I needed it.  It's been great so far!  Please be praying for us as we continue in training and preparing the camp.  We'll be working more with only the AO staff now which is exciting!  Thanks for all of your prayers and support for the Fort staff and campers! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment